Workover
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

Brian Marlatt

--
11 Aug 2017 07:38 PM
    I am assigned to a Job, shouldn't I have the first right of refusal on any available workover? I read the workover section in the green book, however I couldn't figure out how it applied to my issue.

I got called for workover for the first part of my break, and I accepted 5 days. I asked about the second week of my break, and was told that there was no workover available. I came to find out that someone else is working over on my job, during that second week of my break.

Gordon Harwell

--
    12 Aug 2017 11:17 AM
    You should have first right of refusal per the green book. I would contact the Scheduling manager (LB) and talk to him. I would present it the same way you did here. You have seven days to file a grievance. He may just throw you on it and bump someone else or he may offer you different workover. It depends on what you are satisfied with. If he isn't willing or able to resolve it to your satisfaction, I would tell him you are going to file a grievance. Someone else recently did it and had a pretty good result. I think the schedulers are throwing in the first name that works instead of following the policy. The more we fight them on it, the more they'll have to follow the rules.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.