Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am attaching the proposed changes to the Constitution and Bylaws. To enact these changes will require a mail-in ballot. Please take a look and let me know if you have any concerns, suggestions, or feedback. If I don’t hear anything soon, I will prepare ballots to be mailed to your address on file. Here is a brief summary of the changes:
1. Changes to Articles 7 and 8 which change the composition of Executive Board to add a Vice President and two Trustees. Also describes the duties of the Vice President and Trustees.
2. Removes requirements and references to PHPA as it has been dissolved.
3. Updated Election Dates in Article 9.
4. Authorizes the use of electronic ballots for elections in Articles 9, 12, and 26.
5. Changes the language for dues in Article 12 from requiring 1% of base pay to limiting dues to no more than 1% of base pay. Authorizes the Executive Board to lower dues and acknowledges the requirement of a membership vote to raise dues.
6. Changed the prohibition in Article 12 against giving loans to members to authorizing loans up to $2,000 to members. This is in accordance with the International Union’s Constitution. This enables us to establish a Pilot Relief Society which can award loans and educational scholarships to members, while establishing a maximum level of money to be loaned or awarded. I see this as being a tangible benefit for the exclusive use of members. These loans and scholarships will be awarded by a majority vote of the Executive Board so we can prevent it from being abused.
Thanks for taking a look. Let me know what you think. We will be having an electronic membership meeting on the 15th (Sunday) at 1930 CDT. Please use the following link to attend the meeting https://us04web.zoom.us/j/929079192. If you are unable to attend, we will post the recorded meeting to the OPEIU Local 108 YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsqznq437kYZtIrd0qgUfSQ. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your membership and participation as we move closer to our goals.
OPEIU Local 108