Customer Complaints
 0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

Gordon Harwell

--
15 Aug 2017 07:38 PM
    A couple of weeks ago, we had a few days of really bad weather, from sun to sundown. We had two aircraft assigned to the customer that day. One of the other crew had a very early sign-in since they had to come in from another base, got called late the previous day by scheduling, and still had to be at the base by five. I had signed in at 0430 since I was supposed to fly for another customer. Fast forward eleven hours. Thunderstorms all along the coast and most of the FIR throughout the day. First crew times out. We time out shortly after with no flight being done. We tell the area manager. No issue. Later the same day Ops and Marketing are telling the area manager we're just lazy and don't want to fly. Fortunately, the area manager stuck up for us. Had to write up the incident the next day. Two weeks later, I get an email asking for another write-up. I do so and call the area manager, he thinks it's fine. I understand we work for the customer. I understand they have questions. What I don't understand is why two weeks later I'm still being questioned. I'm getting pretty tired of Ops people in Lafayette who haven't been to the field in twenty years and more specifically Marketing questioning me about my decisions regarding weather and crew day. Anyone else been having issues with this?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.